Thursday, November 09, 2006

BadTux, the (Not) Wrong Penguin

BadTux, whom I have quoted in the past, is usually a very sane and competent writer on a variety of topics. Imagine my joy when I thought I had finally caught him in a boo-boo of truly egregious proportions:

Thus why I haven't exactly been jumping up and down for joy, because the only resort that Congress has, in that case, is to impeach Bush. And as Nancy Pelosi noted, that ain't happening. Impeachment is off the table for the simple reason that the Democrats don't have the 60 votes in the Senate. They could create a circus, but that's about it.

Of course, I read the whole piece, screaming (silently) at the monitor... "BadTux, you fool, don't you see????"

Then, way down at the end of the post...

All the way down...

At the very bottom...

Not to mention that impeaching Bush means... President Dick Cheney. Somehow I doubt that Darth Cheney would be an improvement!!

Rassafrassin' penguin ruined my day.

But I suppose I should have known he would have spotted the most terrifying part of impeaching Bush.

1 comment:

  1. Initiating the impeachment process would lead to an investigation that would implicate (and remove) lots of people in the Bush administration who are guilty of committing crimes, including Cheney.

    In addition, no matter who we get to replace Bush (Nancy Pelosi as third in line), we’ll be showing those in power that anyone who breaks the law will be held accountable.
    --
    Pelosi said what she has to remove the acusation of conflict-of-interest once she gets thrust into the presidency as a result. Meanwhile, in the background, John Conyers will be holding hearings in the Judiciary.

    ReplyDelete