GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.
“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”
“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”
“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”
Thompson has confirmed this, he says, with three of the people present; all three said the quotes were accurate.
Now, this would appear to be the very same Constitution that ole Georgie swore to uphold when the Supreme Court annointed him in 2000, and again when Florida and Ohio joined forces with Diebold to re-annoint him in 2004.
Now, follow me on this, cause it gets complicated, especially for the neoconpoops (who, come to think of it, wouldn't read this blog because of all the big, unfamiliar words like "justice", "Constitution", "freedom", all those things they can't sound out).
- George places his hand upon a Holy Bible, not once, but TWICE...
- ...before a high government official (as opposed to an official getting high)...
- ...who is empowered and REQUIRED to administer a legally-binding oath...
- ...REQUIRING Twig to uphold the Constitution of the United States...
- ...Shrubbie swears -- both times -- to uphold the Constitution of the United States...
- ...and ends the oath -- both times -- by saying, "[so] help me God".
He subsequently says the afore-mentioned Constitution is a "goddamned piece of paper". This makes it obvious he can't and won't support the Constitution.
- The lying sack of shit lied to the Chief Justice of the United States;
- The lying sack of shit knowingly and willfully made a false statement to a government official acting in performance of his duties;
- The lying sack of shit lied to the People of the United States;
- The lying sack of shit lied to the Fundies who voted for him, thinking he "wuzwonus";
- The lying sack of shit took the Lord's name in vain; and
- The lying sack of shit LIED TO GOD.
Now, where I grew up, in the enlightened Northeast, where we breathe through our noses, don't marry (or fornicate with) immediate family members or barnyard animals, and drive vehicles that don't belch 40 pounds of crud into the atmosphere every 5 minutes, what Twigster did would be considered wrong (I know terrorist sympathizer Tub'O'Turd O'Reilly is gonna have a "Christmas-stealing","terrists-have-won" hissy fit over using "Bush" and "wrong" in the same sentence, but screw him with his own smelly felalfel). In fact, what little Georgie did is illegal.
Illegal. As in, "against the law". As in, "go to jail, go directly to jail, do not collect $200.00". As in, "Mah name is Bubba, an' yore name is Georgette, now"
It's not something simple like getting a hummer from some ugly trailer-trash bimbo. This is major-league, big-time illegal, the kind of illegal that warrants prison time... and not in some Club Fed, either, but someplace like Marion.
Not to mention the fact that a born-again Christian lying to God is probably doomed to an eternity of purgaory -- which for these idjits would be Bill Clinton (he of budget surplusses and concern for the common folk) as perpetual President.
Shrub and his accomplices have probably broken countless other laws, for which his own God will ultimately hold him responsible. But, if nothing else, the nine vestal virgins of the Potomac should be so pissed at little Georgie lying to them, they oughta lock his ass up in the worst hell-hole thay can find (hmmm, "hell-hole" for Georgie? Make him Hillary's Tampax!).
As the sign says.....