Hence, these suggestions:
- Get an unlisted phone number
- Use a P.O. box (or a private mailbox service) to receive personal mail
- Vary your routes to and from work on a daily basis
- Install an alarm system and motion-sensor lights
- Keep doors and windows locked at all times
- Report suspicious persons and encourage your neighbors to do the same
- Never admit solicitors or strangers into your home
- Make sure your home’s floor plan is not on the Web (builder’s website, or real estate agency)
- Develop and practice a security plan and emergency procedures with all members of the household
These steps are equally valid for single women.
We now return you to your regularly-scheduled Internets.