Monday, July 18, 2005

OK, Then.

(To quote one of my favorite blogs, South Knox Bubba). Now some people may wonder why a New Englander transplanted to Michigan would read a Knoxville-based blog. First, he's an excellent writer. Second, I lived for a while in Tennessee, so it's kinda like keeping up with things there. Third, I stumbled across his site before the election, and I liked what he was saying and the way he was saying it.

While I may not be in the same league as SKB and TBogg, or the grand-daddies of blogtopia (which I think was coined by Skippy the Bush Kangaroo) like Atrios, Daily Kos, Josh Marshall or Kevin Drum, I'd like to think that, somewhere, there might be someone who finds my writing to be interesting, entertaining, or -- if I'm really lucky -- educational.

Not that any of this has anything to do with anything happening, of course.

I heard on the radio this morning that Karl Rove was cited as the source (or maybe a source) of the Valerie Plame leak. If so, he should be held accountable. Various bloggers have pointed out the spin put on this whole mess by the White House, and have also pointed out that it merely obfuscates the true facts: she was a CIA operative, and someone outed her, apparently in violation of at least one Federal law. End of story.

A couple of people are now starting to start about applying the RICO (Racketeer-Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) law to the Bushies. Now, I was a cop, not a lawyer, so I'm not that familiar with the intricacies of RICO, but I remember how quickly it put an end to a lot of groups ranging from street gangs to the Mafia. Maybe it should be considered. Lord knows they're corrupt enough.

1 comment:

  1. SkBubba's departure is a huge loss. His local/national style is one I try to emulate.

    ReplyDelete