Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I. Don't. Friggin'. BELIEVE. This.


I really don't.

Representative Gary Miller, Republican (of course) from the Cereal State -- land of fruits and nuts and flakes, also known as Kah-lee-for-nyah -- was talking to a bunch of immigrant activists. He could sympathize with their plight as (possibly) undocumented immigrants:

“You know, I’ve talked to a lot of young people like [you],” Miller told the activists. “I mean, I understand the difficulty. Just like I was born in Arkansas. I came here when I was a year old.”


I shit you not.

This ignoramus thinks... well, who knows what this moronic jerkwad is thinking?

From the Raw Story article (cause I'm too flabbergasted to write anything now):

Frank Sharry of pro-immigration rights group America’s Voice, told the Post‘s Alex Seitz-Wald that Rep. Miller’s statement was “stunning in its ignorance” as well as being "revealing in how out of touch some Republicans are with the experience of undocumented immigrants.”

“And this is a guy who represents a district in California, the state that has the largest number of undocumented immigrants in the country,” Sharry continued. “So for him to say, I get your experience, I came from Arkansas to California, as if that is equivalent to a young kid coming from Mexico or El Salvador and growing up in the American school system and having opportunities denied to you because of your family’s immigration status, I mean, oh my God.”

“I’m going from finding it really hilarious to really disturbing,” he said.

Now, bear in mind, this is from Raw Story, not The Onion. This cretinous oxygen-thief (whose eyes and smile remind me of Alfred E. Newman) really, truly said that.

 
One of these is Representative Gary Miller, but it's kinda hard to tell them apart.
 
 
Now, I know that Republicans aren't always noted for their keen intellects (Bush, 2000; LePage, 2009; Perry, 2010; et al.), but sweet baby Jeebus on a pogo stick, come on.
 
 
How is it these MORONS manage to live to adulthood?

No comments:

Post a Comment