Friday, January 11, 2008

From the "Credit Where Credit is Due" Dept

I saw Mike Huckabee on The Colbert Report last night, and I have to give the man credit. Huckleberry is a dominionist, Bible-thumpin' southern cracker. But he had the intestinal fortitude to go on Colbert, knowing full well (I hope) that it is a satirical look at the news. He knew (or should have known) that he would be ridiculed before a couple of million people.

And he went ahead and did it.

Being able to laugh at themselves is a skill that most Republicans will never have. But Huck did it, and seemed to have a good time doing it.

The man deserves credit for that.

No, I'm still not going to vote for him. Personally, I think women should have just as many rights as I do as a male. he's too damned conservative for me. And his dominionist leanings scare the shit out of me.

But he does have balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment