Saturday, January 14, 2006

Excellent Post at Kos (of course)

SusanG has a post up asking preznit to stop protecting her. Go read it. Now.

I'll be here when you get back.

Okay, I'll give you a sample:

Bush Says Gitmo Is 'Necessary'

WASHINGTON, Jan. 13, 2006 (CBS/AP) At a joint White House news conference, President Bush rejected a plea by German Chancellor Angela Merkel that the U.S. prison
camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, be shut down. He called the four-year-old camp "a necessary part of protecting the American people."

Mr. Bush, I've decided the price is too high for my conscience. If Gitmo - and the torture and denial of due process accompanying it - is a necessary part of protecting me, I hereby officially release you from the obligation. I'm opting out of this protection racket you've set up. Think of me as just one less tile on the human shield you've created, using the safety and fear of American citizens to hide behind while you seize more power.


Well worth the read, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment