Sunday, July 28, 2019

Buh-bye, and Thanks for Playing

A person I've known for more than 30 years is famous in our neck of the woods for constantly bitching about people generalizing. If one did not provide full names of each and every person in a group, one was generalizing. If one said, for instance, "by and large, Middle Easterners tend to have swarthy complections," she would bitch that one was generaling that ALL Middle Easterners were swarthy. She told me that I was generalizing when I said devout Catholics follow the teachings of the Catholic Church.

She got pissed at me a few weeks ago, and said, "that's what I should have expected from a damned German." I came back with, "Whoa, there, NOW who's generalizing?" She said, "Big difference .. all you Germans ARE Nazis. Always have been, always will be."

She's gone and blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment